Tuesday, June 29, 2010

I believe I can fly...I believe I can touch the sky.

This nice song by R. Kelly is one of my favourite song
I believe I can fly...I believe I can touch the sky.
I think about it every night and day..
spread my wings and fly away...

Listening songs is one of my hobby and good thing is that you can listen to the music while doing any other stuff. right? (Gyming...walking...reading... relaxing...you name it. BTW I'm listening Waka Waka (This time from Africa) from Shakira right now, while I write this article :) ). Ever since I heard this song, I had felt that we should believe in ourselves, our thoughts and follow our dreams. If you can believe in something, you can definitely get it. You just need to believe in you..

When I started my career, as many of software graduates does, thought programming is the only elite job in software industry, but when I got experience, got interactions with several customers, understood importance of quality and understood pros and cons of programming (and testing as well), I realized that I'm more inclined for a testing role and I enjoyed it more than anything else:

#1 The scope for testing is very dynamic, technology independent, platform independent and that means you can try much more
#2 If you still enjoy programming, you can do coding, create tools that may help you do better job in testing, work on automation and still enjoy testing.
#3 Testing is a very analytical job that I always liked this since my college times
#4 Testing requires you to plan and execute tests tactically (using methods and techniques) and requires quizzing yourself all the time that makes it challenging and fun at the same time
#5 I wanted to be associated with Quality somehow, as I got more interested in quality field, after working in various areas QC, SQA, SEPG groups, part of CMM assessment team, Six sigma etc and I found testing as most interesting among all of these
#6 Every day comes pretty interesting for me while designing, defining and doing testing on different platforms, technologies and projects and I enjoy doing this all day long, every day

I believed in me and I do not regret a bit of my decision of selecting Testing as my career. I would convey this message to anyone who is working as tester and want to consider testing as their future career prospects. Testing as a career has way to go in future, just believe in yourself and go ahead with it...

I strongly believe that we should identify our interest areas and do something around the same area. You can deliver your best if you enjoy it. If you can believe in yourself, you can definitely fly and yes, sky is the limit.

  And like Kelly sings...Hey, cause I believe in me...

5 comments:

Freddy Gustavsson said...

Well written, Prem. Those are six strong points in favor of choosing software test as a professional career. There is a myth that testing is rather dull, uninspiring work. We know that's not true, but sometimes the world needs to be reminded about it.

Prem Phulara - If You Think You Can...YOU CAN! said...

Thanks Freddy for your inputs.

Also refer some of the myths and facts on testing: http://premphulara.blogspot.com/2010/05/myths-and-facts-about-software-testing.html

Rinku said...

Hey Prem!
So this is still your fav song :)
Well written article and good to see you active in your blog.
Yes, sometimes we need to assert to ourselves too the same thing!
Believe in yourself!

Happy Blogging!

Prem Phulara - If You Think You Can...YOU CAN! said...

@Rinku

Thanks for your comments.

how r u doing? Hope things are fine at your end.

Jain said...

Cheers again for hardcore rather cruel Testers!!